Grasshoppers

Welcome to our class blog!

Trip to Downton Abbey!

January26

On a windy Wednesday this week, Year 5 ventured to Highclere Castle to see some Egyptian artefacts and tour their special exhibition!

Here are some photos of us. Can you remember any of the facts? Which was your favourite part of the day?

by posted under Uncategorized | 24 Comments »
24 Comments to

“Trip to Downton Abbey!”

1. January 26th, 2018 at 4:22 pm      Reply thea Says:

I really loved the part when we could do all sorts of crafty activities

2. January 26th, 2018 at 5:56 pm      Reply Shekina Says:

It was really fun to go to Highclere Castle on Wednesday!

3. January 26th, 2018 at 7:04 pm      Reply I.C.H Says:

it was so much fun!!i wish we could go again!!

4. January 26th, 2018 at 8:15 pm      Reply Laura Says:

It loved when we made 3D pyramids

5. January 27th, 2018 at 12:30 pm      Reply EK Says:

It was so much fun I loved it when we saw all the treasure of Tutankhamun and the two figures of Howard Carter and Lord Carnavon in a room planning where to go next I wish we could go again.!

6. January 28th, 2018 at 9:11 am      Reply mills Says:

I loved it there it was so much fun and I’m sure everybody wanted to go again the main parts I loved was the video I loved all of the great ancient pictures/artifacts and much more of it but the most main part that I loved is how accurate the replicas was if you weren’t told they were not the real thing than they look so realistic.

7. January 28th, 2018 at 2:11 pm      Reply livvy Says:

Highclere castle was amazing and I learnt lots and saw amazing things. It is definately a trip to go on again and also a trip to remember.

8. January 28th, 2018 at 2:22 pm      Reply Maxfins Says:

I was fantastic! I wish I could do it again! My favourite was the replica of the burial chamber and the ‘ wonderful things’ room were we looked through slots and saw more replicas of the antechamber. It was great and I hope I can go there again.

From Maxfins.

9. January 28th, 2018 at 2:23 pm      Reply Maxfins Says:

Sorry I put I instead of It.

10. January 28th, 2018 at 4:39 pm      Reply Harvey Says:

I really enjoyed our trip to Highclere Castle, their Egyptian collection was amazing and really interesting. The crafts and dressing up was fun. I would like to visit the real pyramids one day.

11. January 28th, 2018 at 8:10 pm      Reply Izzy Says:

So much fun !! Learnt so much

12. January 28th, 2018 at 8:11 pm      Reply Izzy Says:

So much fun I learnt so much

13. January 29th, 2018 at 8:30 am      Reply Danny harris Says:

Our trip was amazing 😉 it was really fun! It would of been great to go in the gardens if weather was better. I want to go back with my family.

14. January 29th, 2018 at 6:21 pm      Reply thea Says:

Did you know that there were 2 small holes in the rubble-filled corridor of the tomb where it had been robbed?

I had such a fun day and I learned so many facts! 🙂

15. January 29th, 2018 at 6:24 pm      Reply thea's mum Says:

I really enjoyed the trip and learned so much!

16. January 29th, 2018 at 7:40 pm      Reply Madison Says:

I really enjoyed this trip, the grounds looked lovely and wish we could of spent time outside.

17. January 29th, 2018 at 8:33 pm      Reply kai Says:

My favourite part was when we got to see a replica of Tutankhamuns canopic jars.

18. January 30th, 2018 at 3:49 pm      Reply Ollie Says:

I really enjoyed the trip it was so fun and I found out so many facts about ancient Egypt.

19. January 30th, 2018 at 6:28 pm      Reply Freya Says:

I was a really fun trip. I enjoyed when we got to see in Tutankhamuns tomb.

20. January 30th, 2018 at 8:20 pm      Reply Talia Says:

I LOVED HIGHCLERE IT WAS SO MUCH FUN my favorite part was the activity room

21. January 31st, 2018 at 7:20 am      Reply Maxi Says:

I loved highclere castle because we learnt lots more facts 😃😜

22. January 31st, 2018 at 7:43 am      Reply Isla Says:

I enjoyed the trip, my favourite thing about it was seeing the replica of Tutankhamuns tomb

23. January 31st, 2018 at 5:51 pm      Reply jamal Says:

i enjoyed the trip to Highclere castle my favourite thing about it is looking at the Tutankhamuns tomb and the golden chair it was FUN

24. January 31st, 2018 at 5:59 pm      Reply jamal Says:

that trip was really fun i loved it i mostly enjoyed watching the video about Howard carter and lord Carnarvon we learn a lot of fact watching that video

Email will not be published

Website example